Europe Emirates Group can help you start your business in Jebel Ali Free Zone
Jebel Ali Free Zone (JAFZA) was a forerunner of the free zone model and is home to over 7,000 companies from its position as one of the largest and most active ports in the Middle East.
Just 60 minutes’ drive from Dubai International Airport and within easy reach of the new Al Maktoum International Airport, JAFZA is an award-winning ISO-certified free zone attracting more than 32 per cent of the UAE’s foreign direct investment. The thriving zone sustains over 144,000 jobs.
JAFZA facilities include high quality flexible office space, light industrial units, warehouse space and various sizes of land plots for long-term leasing.
Activities and licences
- General trading licence: allows the holder to import, distribute and store items as per JAFZA rules and regulations
- Trading licence: allows the holder to import, export, distribute and store specific items as listed on the licence
- Industrial licence: allows importation of raw materials, manufacturing of specified products and export
- Service licence: allows the holder to carry out specified services within the free zone. Services must confirm to parent company’s licence issued either by theEconomic Department, Municipality of the relevant emirate
- National industrial licence: for manufacturing companies majority-owned (51 percent+) by a GCC National. The value added to the product in the free zone must amount to a minimum of 40 percent. This licence affords the holder the same status as a GCC National inside the UAE.
- 100 per cent foreign ownership
- Import duty exemption
- 100 per cent capital and profits repatriation
- Corporate tax exemption for 50 years
- Access to low energy tariffs
- Access to a well-trained and highly skilled labor pool