United Kingdom Company Formation Requirements
Your corporate name must not suggest any link with an existing institution. You must have a registered office in the same country where you choose to register; e.g., if you register in England, your registered office must be in England.
What are the other requirements for company formation in the UK?
A limited liability partnership organisation in the UK doesn’t require shareholders. You will need a VAT number if you are going to do business in the UK, however, you do not receive it automatically upon incorporation. A limited liability partnership also does not have any restrictions on owning and holding property.
The United Kingdom company formation requirements are:
- Application to register a company (Form I101)
- Articles of Association
- Statement of guarantee or a statement of capital and initial shareholdings
- Memorandum of Association
- Details regarding your chosen activities by referencing them to a standard industrial classification code (SIC)
- Statement of compliance or guarantee
- Detailed of the proposed directors and secretary should you choose to have one and Persons with Significant Control (PSC). Should you not have a PSC, you would have to include a statement stating your entity does not have one