Germany Company Formation Requirements
What are the company formation requirements in Germany? Here are some details regarding the process. Your name must receive prior approval from the Chamber of Commerce and needs to indicate the nature of your entity or be related to one of your shareholders. There is no local resident director requirements, the director can be the same person and you can have unlimited shareholders.
Europe Emirates Group can help you form your business in Germany
You must file your corporate registration in the local trade office in the municipality you choose to register your entity. You may also need certified translations for your incorporation documents. Plus, all German companies need to form part of the Trade Register, which includes the name of the company, owner and information regarding power of attorney.
The documents required at formation to be filed with the Trade Register are:
- Articles of Association
- Incorporation fee
- Minutes from the first company meeting
- Minutes from the meeting appointing the directors
- The name(s), addresses and proof of identity for the director(s)
- Proof of address through a utility bill or bank statement no more than three months old.
- A notarised document that includes information regarding the registered office, type of entity, share capital amount, business purpose and the share capital contribution for every shareholder
- Should your shareholders be foreign companies, you must disclose the names of their board members as well as the entity’s official address
- An active bank account to deposit the minimum share capital