Mauritius Company Formation Requirements
What are the requirements for company formation in Mauritius? Companies registered in Mauritius must have a registered local agent and office to receive notices and correspondence. You must have one director who is a resident and a natural citizen of Mauritius. You must appoint two local directors for treaty access. Your company must also have a minimum of one shareholder.
What are the other requirements for company formation in Mauritius?
Mauritius requires a company secretary and your registered agent can also serve as your secretary. The minimum required share capital is $US 1. There are annual renewal fees that include a payment to the Financial Services Commission and a payment to the Register of Companies of Mauritius. There are also finance and tax filing requirements that are not part of public records.
The Mauritius GBC company formation requirements are:
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Minutes from the first meeting where you appoint the director(s)
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Register of directors and shareholders
- Registered Office
- Registered Local Agent
- Company Secretary (can be same as local agent)
- Filing requirements
- Annual fee payable to the Financial Services Commission (FSC) of Mauritius of $US 1,500
- Annual payment of $US 250 to the Registrar of Companies of Mauritius