Liberia Company Formation Requirements
What are the requirements for company formation in Liberia? The only sector you cannot operate in is real estate trading and ownership. You only need one director and one shareholder. Still, if there are more than three shareholders, the company must then have three directors, who can be of any nationality and reside overseas. Shareholders can also be corporate entities.
What are the other requirements for Liberia company formation?
All businesses need to have an in-country registered address, but you may maintain company records in any location. Shareholders may hold meetings and pass resolutions with a two-thirds majority should the company be dissolved or sold. Non-resident businesses do not have to file accounts with the government.
The Liberia company formation requirements are:
- Pay government filing fees
- Issue share certificates
- Articles of Incorporation
- Proof of Identification
- Share and Shareholder(s) Form
- Incorporator Form(s)
- Information for the Tax Authority
- Appoint directors
- Empowered Person Form or Registered Agent Form in the event you are appointing a company representative
- File documents with the Liberian International Ship and Corporate Registry