Belize Company Formation Requirements
What are the requirements for company formation in Belize? International Business Corporations (IBCs) established in Belize do not require you to have any paid-up capital. They also do not have to maintain a secretary or hold company meetings. They are also exempt from paying local and national taxes, as well as from auditing requirements.
What are the other requirements for company formation in Belize?
The director and shareholder can be the same, and only one shareholder is required (and may also be a corporation). Directors can be overseas residents. Once the company provides the corporate Memorandum and Articles of Association, and the process is complete, the registrar will issue a Certificate of Incorporation. Belize corporate registration must be renewed every year on January 2
The Belize company formation requirements are:
- Certified copy of the passport or national identity document from every director, shareholder and beneficial owner
- Proof of address from within the last three months from every director, shareholder and beneficial owner
- Original Banker’s / Attorney or Accountant Reference
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Memorandum and Articles of Association
- Certificate of Incumbency that gives information about the current Shareholders and Directors
- Declaration Form from all Directors/Shareholders/Beneficiaries