United States Company Formation Requirements
What are the requirements for company formation in the United States? Company formation is under the governance of each of the 50 states or the District of Columbia rather than on a federal level. As such, you must decide what type of corporation you want to form and in which state you will choose to register.
What else should you know about the requirements for company formation in the United States?
If you are going to have a physical presence in a specific state, you should register in the state you will operate. If not, you can choose whatever state you wish to register. The states with the most favourable legislation for incorporating enterprises are Delaware (HYPERLINK), WYOMING (HYPERLINK) and Nevada (HYPERLINK). You must also enlist the services of a Registered Agent.
The requirements for United States company formation are:
- Articles of Incorporation following the guidelines of the state of registration
- Any follow-up procedures stipulated by the state where you register
- Employer Identification Number
- Registered agent information
- Information regarding directors, shareholders and par value of shares
- Open US bank account
- BE-13 Form within 45 days of incorporation