Delaware Company Formation FAQs

Delaware corporate legislation already has a large degree of privacy, and while it is possible to procure those services, it is not recommended. 

Having a corporation in the United States does not automatically guarantee you the right to a visa. There are select visa programmes you can use to apply for residency related to your firm either by investing in a US-based project or starting your own. Discover more about residency options on our United States FAQs page.

There are no restrictions on foreigners owning Delaware companies. 

The state of Delaware does not have any corporate taxes if you do not do any business inside Delaware state lines, and Delaware’s company laws are considered to be the best in the country. As a result, many large corporations choose Delaware as their seat of incorporation. Half of the Fortune 500 and half of all publicly-listed companies in the United States have set up their US domicile in Delaware. All shareholders outside of Delaware are not required to pay any state taxes on those shares. 

Non-US residents can open a US bank account but some banks are more open to these customers than others, as many branches will require you to have a social security number (SSN). Some branches are also more used to working with non-US citizens, so the expert recommendation is to go with them. You will have to apply for a Taxpayer Identification Number (TIN) as part of the company formation process and you will need it to go through the account-opening process in many banks. To pay taxes, your entity will also need an Employer Identification Number (EIN) to pay and file taxes.

Inquire now