Sweden Company Formation FAQs

Nominee directors are permitted. 

If you are a non-EU citizen and would like to start a business in Sweden and live there for more than three months, you must apply for a self-employment visa. Among the criteria for eligibility is proof that you are running the company, own at least a 50% stake in the company and have executive responsibility. You must also prove that you have enough money to support yourself and any family members you wish to bring with you for a two-year trial period.

Foreigners can own all shares in a Swedish company. 

Sweden has regional development zones that grant you access to interest-free loans. You can also receive tax breaks in the need of hiring foreign employees with specialized skills or those who are researchers or high-level managers. Newly-formed enterprises can carry over losses for an indefinite period and access other incentives. 

You can open a non-resident account in Sweden and fees for Swedish banks, as well as peer countries in Scandinavia, tend to have a comparable price point to what you would find in Continental Europe as opposed to other traditional offshore banking destinations. 

Inquire now