Spain Company Formation Requirements
What are the requirements for company formation in Spain? While Spanish corporate legislation dictates that you must only have one director and shareholder, and there are no nationality or residency requirements for directors or shareholders, each of the company’s shareholders and directors must receive a fiscal identity number.
Europe Emirates Group is your ideal Spain company formation partner
The company must propose a name for approval to begin the process and must also submit the names of its director or directors and shareholders, with the Mercantile Register approving. The company can become operational as soon as it receives its Customer Information File ("CIF") number, which is the Spanish equivalent of a VAT number and you normally receive it the day of incorporation.
The company formation requirements in Spain are:
- Certificación Negativa del Nombre de la Sociedad (CNN) to verify no one has your corporate name
- Various filing requirements that include environmental impact reports
- Registration in the Mercantile Register in the province you wish to operate
- Register the Impuesto sobre Actividades Económicas with the tax authority
- Select health insurance provider if you will hire employees
- Notarise your books with the Mercantile Register
- Tax Identification Number (NIF) from the Tax Agency (Agencia Tributaria), which is the Spanish equivalent of a VAT number