Portugal Company Formation Benefits
What are the benefits of company formation in Portugal? In Portugal, the entire company formation process takes no more than one week, ideal if you’re looking to set up fast. Office space in Lisbon and Porto, the country’s largest cities, have some of Europe’s lowest costs per square metre. Plus, if you choose to register in the Madeira International Business Centre, there are many incentives available until 2027.
What are some other Portugal company formation benefits?
Portugal has a number of available tax incentives for entrepreneurs. They include a reduced corporate tax rate on profits up to €15,000 for those entities making less than €50,000,000. You can also forward your business losses for a maximum of 12 years and then claim a tax rebate of up to 70% of the annual income of a fiscal period. Finally, there are other tax credits for entities involved in Research and Development (R&D).
The benefits of company formation in Portugal are:
- Full 100% foreign ownership
- The minimum paid share capital is only €1
- A variety of tax incentives for entrepreneurs and options to forward losses and access tax rebates
- Even more incentives should you incorporate in the Madeira International Business Centre
- Resident companies can access office spaces in Porto and Lisbon at some of the region’s lowest cost per square metre
- Reduced corporate tax rate for firms with earnings of under €50 million on profits of a maximum of €15,000