Malta Company Formation Requirements
What are the requirements for company formation in Malta? An International Holding Company requires one director who can also be a corporation. They can be from any country. You must submit the Memorandum and Articles of Association to the Malta Financial Services Authority and publish them in the official Journal. The company must also obtain a tax registration number.
Europe Emirates Group is your Malta company formation partner
You must register a local office and appoint an approved qualified secretary to keep the company's statutory books. The Maltese Registrar of Companies then receives the incorporation documentation, and while you do not need to maintain local records, you must have a Register of Directors and Register of Shareholders. You must also submit annual audited accounts.
The Malta company formation requirements are:
- A utility bill or bank statement no more than three months old
- Proof of identity for the director with the appropriate photographic identification
- Tax registration number
- Local office and qualified local secretary
- Register of Directors and Register of Shareholders
- Annual Accounts
- The Memorandum and Articles of Association that contains the business activity and purpose of the entity