Cyprus Company Formation Requirements
The Cyprus company formation requirements state that you need only one director and shareholder, and there are no nationality restrictions. Shareholders may be persons or corporations and nominee shareholders are allowed in Cyprus. The names of shareholders and any changes in shareholders must be noted in the first company statutes. Ready-made companies are also available.
Europe Emirates Group can help you start your enterprise in Cyprus
Any assets or capital gains outside of Cyprus are not taxed. Where taxes do apply, Cyprus has the lowest tax rate in the European Union with a corporate tax rate set at 10 per cent. There are no withholding taxes assessed against dividends and Cyprus also has more than 40 different double taxation treaties with other countries.
The requirements for company formation in Cyprus include:
- Submission of the company name, director and shareholder names
- A statement of the company’s business activities and amount of capital within the business
- Memorandum and Articles of Association in Greek and English
- Disclosure of the number of shares owned by each shareholder
- Photo ID and a utility bill or bank statement no more than three months old
- Copies of the list of shareholders, registered office, directors, secretary and other necessary information