Austria Company Formation Requirements
The requirements for company formation in Austria stipulate that the person or corporate entity forming the company must provide photo identification and proof of residency along with company information such as the name of the director, address, date of birth and nationality. Those forming an Austrian GmbH (Limited Liability Company) do not have to be residents in Austria.
Other requirements for Austria company formation
Once you present your required documentation for company formation in Austria, which you can find below, you then apply for the trade licence issuance with the information sent to the tax authority. You must present an opening balance sheet, an ID for the managing director, signatures of company representatives and the Articles of Association for your enterprise. The completed information will then go to the municipality where you are establishing the business.
Other requirements for Austria GmbH company formation are:
- Name and addresses of company shareholders
- Proof of address for the corporation that is no more than three months old
- Company history prior to establishing the entity in Austria
- The notarised declaration of the company’s establishment
- Bank declarations confirming that the company has made the required minimum cash deposits
- The Articles of Association
- Signatures from the managing directors documenting the payment of the company formation tax, along with confirmation from the tax authorities
- An excerpt from the companies register